Update on Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund Donation
7th May, 2015, Rotaractors President Salie and Rotaractor Matthew both joined our meeting and sold “LOVE FOR NEPAL” cookies at $20 each to our Rotarians. The Fund raised will send to their friendship Rotaract club in Nepal for earthquake relief and reconstruction used.
We received further email from RI President Gary and District Governor Belinda on how to help and support the Nepal quake victims. Aside from Shelterbox, we can help them by donating money to Rotary District 3292, Nepal, which they have established a D3292 Disaster Relief Fund to provide needed equipment and supplies to affected communities and it is directly under District Governor Rabindra Piya and his district management.
On Apr 30, our Club donation of USD3000 to Shelterbox and it was funded from our Ball account. I am truly touched with our dear Rotarians’ quick response immediately after the calling for donation to the Nepal earthquake including even our overseas-residing Rotarians. During 43rd meeting on 30/4, our box collection was close to $5000 (including foreign currency from our Chiang Mai rotary friends) and individual Rotarians contribution on-the-spot and separate bank-in per last week email exchange of $16,000. A total donated fund from kindhearted Rotarians reach MOP40,400 up till May 6. We understand Freitas is also kindly collecting donations from himself and his office staff of 600 and we shall make his donation accordingly once received. Thanks Rtn Freitas.
Our board and donating members had received no objection to donate MOP30,400 to Rotary Nepal District 3292 Disaster Relief Fund to provide a temporary livable home for the poor victims with basic necessities while they wait for rebuilding their home in due course ( this was remitted on May 8, thanks to the help of Teren). Balance MOP10,000 to give to RAC for their onward distribution to their friendship club of Pokhara, Nepal to utilize this money together with their cookies for love Nepal proceeds.
Once again my heartfelt thanks to all.
Box collection – $630.00
Club May Announcements
- May 14 (Thur) – 4th Assistant Governor Synthia Visit.
- May 21 (Thur) – Speaker: President Keith Chow from RC Admiralty, HK
- May 23 (Sat) – District Training Assembly at Shatin Jockey Club HK (9 members already enrolled. Welcome more and event fee will be sponsored by the Club)
- May 28 (Thur) – Speaker: UMAC student Chris Song and Prof Kit Kitlen on Poetry Les Murray Australia learning trip.
- Jun 6-9 (Sat-Tue) – RI Convention at Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Jun 11 (Thur) – Chartered Night Dinner at Fat Siu Restaurant.
- Jun 20 (Sat) – RC Taipo Annual Ball at Intercontinental Hotel, HK.
- Jul 4 (Sat) – District Installation at HK Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Thank you and see you all on Thursday at Venetian, 14th May, 2015 at 8 for 8:30pm.
Yours in Rotary,