We had 14 Rotarians at Oct 15 club meeting with PP Rocky Chung of RC Guia visiting us. Plus my guest , ex-colleague Edisa who is no stranger to most of us.
– Speaker Dr Cheung Kam Fai on Positive Medicine who advocates ‘ Ultimate body health comes from mind health and treatment of diseases also comes from mind health” Being a GP, he brings health rather than sell disease. Thanks to PP Keith for giving a vote of thanks.
– PP Florence, also this year’s Foundation and Grant Management Seminar Chair briefly introduced the Nov 21 ( Sat ) seminar details and encouraged early registration to enjoy the $500 early bird fee.
– Latest Rotary Foundation donation record was shared and thanks to our members’ and generous Aris ‘ kind donation to Annual Fund and Polio Plus that Area 1 is currently ranked No. 5 in the highest donation Area and our Club in the top ten donating club league
– Box collection: $500
Oct Club Announcements
– Oct 22 ( Thurs ) meeting speaker: DGE Eric Chin on Tai Chi Chuan with demo
– Oct 29 ( Thurs ) Halloween Social Night :in support of ‘World Greatest Meal ‘ End-Polio Fund donation. Dinner Fee : MOP300 for 4-course western meal at Macao Tower 180 lounge.
President Elizabete will match the donation derived from dinner cost and fee per participant. So let’s invite your families and friends to come and enjoy a great Halloween party.
– Nov 5 ( Thurs) meeting speaker: Dr Robert Kirby
I also wish for you to mark 4 important dates for our club activities before we farewell 2015:-
– Nov 14 ( Sat)- DG Visit and Joint Clubs’ Welcome Dinner to DG Peter Pang
– Nov 22 ( Sun )- Area 1 Blood Donation Day
– Nov 28 ( Sat )- One day tour with Grannies.
– Dec 11 ( Sat ) – Annual ‘ Joy to the World’ Xmas Party with the mentally- handicapped.
– Nov 21 ( Sat ) -Foundation and Grant Management Seminar at Regal Hotel, Causeway Bay from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm . Participation fee: $500/px if registration before end Oct, thereafter $550 per person
Thank you for your patient reading and see you next Thurs , Nov 22 club meeting with DGE Eric demonstrating Tai Chi at the Venetian, Rm Torino 1201.
Yours in Rotary