Our 3rd Club Meeting on 5th Thursday of July was a social night at Lua Azul restaurant at Macao Tower. 14 members and 6 guests all got to enjoy the refreshing Chinese summer menu in real sumptuous portions. We welcome back Treasurer Ricardo after his month-long vacation and he surely was very high-spirited indeed and with his preaching of ‘ soft drinks are not good to you! ‘
Thanks to PP Synthia’s arrangement we had a big private room well-equipped with A/V system to let us sing District’s ‘ Be a Gift to the World ‘ new 1516 theme song to build up our appetite. I have attached the song lyrics with a button for you to click and play for your leisure appreciation and sing-a-long practice as we will sing this song at start of each club meeting in future. .
PP Mahmood , District Singing Committee Chair , who wrote and composed this song may come visit our club in Sep to share his passion as well as introduce his new community youth service project ‘ Listen,Sing , Read & Write ‘ .. I will keep you posted of timing.
PP Ip updated us on the 2 UK Summer Camp students’ visit in Manchester.Both are happily being hosted by separate Rotary families and will start their Petty Pool camp life today. Our friend Eric Cowcill has ‘ eric-fever’ this year entertaining 3 Eric’s ( St Paul’s Eric, another student Eric from France and a gentleman Eric receiving them during their Manchester stadium visit).
I read out a well- wish note from PP Gary who just celebrated his 83rd birthday with his son and grandchildren down under and will be back in time to join our Aug 1 Joint Installation. Many happy blessed returns , PP Gary.
July 27th is a very meaningful day for us as 49 years ago this day, we have PP Maneiras being inducted into our Club. Please join me in thanking PP Maneiras for his unfailing and invaluable commitment to Rotary! We all look forward to celebrating with you your 50th milestone year with RC Macau and Rotary next year!
Box Collection: $510
- July 30 ( Thurs )- no meeting, rescheduled to Aug 1.
- Aug 1 ( Sat )- 1516 Joint Installation night with two Rotaractor Clubs at Venetian ( Milan Rm 2001-2103, not Naples Rm) at 7.30 pm. PLS SOONEST SIGN UP WITH PP STELLA IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO. THANKS.)
- Aug 6 ( Thurs) – !st Club Assembly, following regular meeting .
- Aug 20 ( Thurs) – Speaker: PDG Jones, District Membership Chair on Membership & Retention
- Aug 8 ( Sat )- District Membership Seminar ( 12-3.30 pm)
- Aug 9 ( Sun)- Rotary Chordophonia Concert for Preserved Planet Earth Fund-raising
- Aug 22 ( Sat ) – District Public Image Workshop
Thanks for our patient reading and be seeing you all on Sat, Aug 1 Joint Installation at Venetian Milan Room at 7.30 pm.
- Yours in Rotary