We had everyone feeling high in last night club meeting with HNFB zesty wine tasting of 2 white wine. 5 red wine and 1 Offley Porto in between meals and interesting wine talk by HN’s Chris and Wayne. I was struck by the first offered new Mateus sparkling dry wine which has so beautiful taste that I hardly can pronounce the 13th meeting probably and needed a little help from secretary Stella .
23 with 15 Rotarians joined by our lovely Honorary member Anabela, Elvo’s guest Alex, Alumni Chris , MCI Edmond and a visiting Rotarian Candido do Carmo Azevedo from RC de Almeirim , Portugal who has lived in Macau for over 20 years before. We welcome back grannie Alfredo and Anabela after their 3 months in Portugal spending time with their families. Big congratulations to both of them for their 4th grand child on the way.
- A pictorial presentation of our fellowship and laughter-filled 15-delegation Taipei trip to attend charter anniversary of sis club RC Taipei and their son club RC Taipei Diamond was vividly narrated by PP Synthia. Some key words of ‘ Kiss kiss promotion’, ‘ Jennifer’ , ‘ Aquaponics human fertiliser’ popped up. For those who were not present and would like explanation, please feel free to approach one of the delegates who will gladly fill you in, including Alumni Saba who stayed back in Taiwan for obvious reasons.
- Sep DG newsletter was shared which had a tribute article on our 40 years+ senior Rotarians : PP Maneiras, PP Peter, PP ET and PP Choi . One full page was devoted to featuring them in action and, above all, their very touching insights into why they stay with Rotary and our club for so long. Pls check your email if you have not read it.
- VP Keith timely emailed to PP Kazu while seeping a beer at their favorite Morseley pub just before the meeting and shared with us Kazu’s comments. PP Kazu , we do miss you a lot and hope you and your parents are doing well.
- MCI Edmond brought along the bronze award that our joint ” Light Up Rotary GGG ‘ event won in recent North Asia Marketing Awards Events competition. It was quite heavy which went to show how much hardwork and efforts we all put behind this very meaningful and innovative service project.
- Meeting ended with a simple birthday cake-cutting by Mario and myself for Oct birthday stars including Yasmin , KC and ET. Thanks to all’s well wishes !
- Box collection : $2000
Oct Club Announcements
– Oct 15 ( Thurs ) meeting speaker : Dr Cheung Kam Fai on Positive Medicine
– Oct 22 ( Thurs ) meeting speaker: DGE Eric Chin on Tai Chi
– Oct 29 ( Thurs ) Halloween Social Night :in support of ‘World Greatest Meal ‘ End-Polio Fund donation. Dinner Fee : MOP300 for 4-course western meal at Macao Tower 180 lounge
a) For DG 2018-19 Nominating Committee , very pleased to advise that PP Stella and PE Sam have been selected to represent Area 1 Macao to serve in this committee.
b) RYLA application deadline end Oct ( for more details, pls contact me )
c) ‘Peace Through Mediation’ program to recruit Youth Peace Ambassador . Application deadline end Oct ( for more details, pls contact me)
Thank you for your patient reading and hope to see most of you next Thursday at Venetian at 8 for 8.30 pm to hear more about ‘ the importance of Positive Medicine’.
Yours in Rotary