- 1 27th Club Meeting on Jan 28@Venetian
- 2 Barney Koo’s ‘ Witness of Macau’ New Book Launch Ceremony
- 3 District Fellowship – “Portugal Night in Macau’ on Jan 30 @Residence of Consul General of Portugal
- 4 1516 8th Joint Presidents Meeting in Macau
- 5 Club Announcements
- 6 District Announcements
- 7 THE ONE Award – Nomination for The One International & The One
- 8 Youth MicroFilm Competition – St Paul’s School students submitted an entry
- 9 – 2nd Rotary HK Ultramarathon
- 10 – Peace Concert – Mar 6 2016
It was a busy enriching Rotary week !
27th Club Meeting on Jan 28@Venetian
Our dear friend PDG Barney Koo and his lovely wife Lorraine from Sydney visited our club to introduce his new book ‘Witness of Macau’, a biography of our dear PP Gary. And, of course, to meet all his old friends in our club. PDG Barney and PP Gary kindly autographed the complimentary copies given to those present. The GWAs , like Stephen and William whom Barney hosted them during their exchange visit some ten years ago, came to welcome them. PP Keith also brought his regular guest and colleague, Ms Yuko.
Barney Koo’s ‘ Witness of Macau’ New Book Launch Ceremony
Some of us attended Macau Society of Social Sciences invitation to celebrate launch of Barney’s ‘Witness of Macau’ on Jan 30. It was a proud day for Barney and Gary but also a proud day for our club and Rotary family. Thanks to Keith who gave very motivating remarks on behalf of our club.
District Fellowship – “Portugal Night in Macau’ on Jan 30 @Residence of Consul General of Portugal
Our Club proudly hosted this ‘Portugal Night in Macau’ for District at Consul General Dr Vitor Sereno residence who graced us with his and his wife Andrea’s presence in his very own beautiful residence. DG Peter with 140 Rotarians and families spent a magical night to remember with fine wine ( so kindly sponsored by Pedro at an awesome stock supply), sumptuous food, wonderful nostalgic cultural dancing, music and, above all, perfect weather.
The residence setting and Macao beautiful skyline backdrop viewed by the balcony were just too picture-perfect. To add color to the party ,our 4 ‘ iron ladies’ appeared in Portuguese national attire.
To further recognize our Honorary Member, Consul General Vitor’s contributions to the community, we took the opportunity to present him his first Paul Harris Fellow with a pin and certificate. We use TRF points to contribute to PHF in his name. Consul General was extremely touched with pride being one of the big Rotary family.
1516 8th Joint Presidents Meeting in Macau
6 Macau clubs also played host to District’s 8th Joint Presidents Meeting on Jan 31, followed by fellowship brunch at Tromba Rija. A total of 42 Presidents and district officers from HK and Macau joined.
While sipping our post-brunch wine at the Tower, we saw Glenn with his lovely family. He has agreed to join our Alumni group so welcome back to our RC Macau family and look forward to seeing you in our future meetings !
– Feb 18 ( Thurs)- CNY Spring Dinner at Plaza Restaurant ( pls sign up with PP Stella )- Feb 25 ( Thurs) – Speaker Dr Lai Yun Fee, Plastic Surgeon on ‘ Anti -aging’ – Mar 10 ( Thurs) – Area 1 Joint Meeting with DG Peter Pang as speaker on his profession ‘ Medical Cosmetology’
– Rotary Centenary Challenge Cup – Feb 17 ( Wed) Happy Valley Races
6.30 pm – 11 pm
$780 per person ( Deadline Feb 3)
THE ONE Award – Nomination for The One International & The One
– Deadline: end Jan 2016
– Award Gala dinner: June 7
Youth MicroFilm Competition – St Paul’s School students submitted an entry
– Award Presentation Night: Mar 17 in HK
– Gala Dinner Fee : $1200 per person
– 2nd Rotary HK Ultramarathon
– Mar 6 , 2016 ( Sun ) at Lung Woo Road in HK. Clubs are encouraged to form
relay teams at participating fee $5000 each . All proceeds in full amt will be donating to beneficiary Tung Wah Group of Hospitals HK for their mental-health area.
Our club is working to form a relay team with Fuhong and our Rotaractors.
– Peace Concert – Mar 6 2016
with afternoon ‘ bazaar-like ‘ programs and youth pop concert in the evening at West Kowloon cultural center.
Thank you for your patient reading, as always. Do hope to see most of you this Thurs ( Feb 4 ) at the Venetian at 8 pm for 8,30 pm as this will be the last meeting in the Year of the Horse and time to celebrate ‘ thanksgiving’ Chinese way.
Yours in Rotary