RC MACAU News
- Sunday, 03 January 2016 02:45
Happy New Year and my sincere best wishes to you all and your beloved ones for a wonderful and fruitful 2016 ! Thank you so much for all your valuable support and guidance to the first 6 months of my Presidency and I do greatly treasure and appreciate your continued support.
To our fellow Rotarians: as we happily and proudly embrace each day with our Rotary spirit and heart to make a better world with our ‘ gifts’!
To our very supportive Alumni: as we look forward to seeing more of you to our club activities whenever you have some time from your busy Macau schedule or visiting Macau from across the miles.
Since we did not have meetings in 2nd half of Dec due to holidays , there are a few matters for your kind noting and update as follows:-
1) January 7 ( Thurs ) first club meeting of 2016 will be held at the Venetian. Do come and enjoy fellowship to kick off a new year .
2) January 14 ( Thurs) meeting Speaker , PP George Li, Chair of District Preserved-Planet-Earth Committee to talk on an interesting topic ‘ Sustainable Seafood Initiative’. Pls join to promote for eco-friendly cause. Also, our Club will apply for renewal as a Green Rotary Club for this year.
3) January 18 ( Mon) District New Member Happy Hour Program in Macau at Fisherman’s Wharf , 2nd Fl restaurant with cocktail 6-8pm $210 per person ( drinks and canapés). Dinner ( optional) at $420 additional. For newer members interested to join , please sign-up with PP Stella by Jan 9.
4) Pleased to advise that our club dues are close to collecting from all members, thanks to everyone’s support and co-operation. There are only a few outstandings due to their busy travel schedules and we are hopeful that they will pay in no time. I still have membership cards for those recently paid members who can kindly contact me or PP Fatima to collect yours .
5) RY2015-16 District Directory is ready and they will be distributed to you during coming club meetings.
6) You may remember that the club has produced a new club vest uniform for wearing during service projects. We started to use them during the Rotary Day with Grannies on Nov 28. So they are ready and I would appreciate the help of PP Stella in distributing them to each of you at the next convenient occasion.
Thank you for your patient reading and please do join us this coming Thurs ( Jan 7 ) at the Venetian at 8 pm for 8.30 pm.
Yours in Rotary