Please accept my apologies for not having sent out the update earlier. PDG Eugene supposed to speak to us on 20/10 on membership orientation and membership growth, however, due to the typhoon, he was not able to come. His talk is now re-scheduled to 24/11.
27/10, we have the World Greatest Meal at the Halloween night at Macau Tower, Cafe on 4. Same as last year, thanks to the support of Macau Tower giving us a very special price. PP Ip offered his brandy and beer for sale to raise fund. Though IPP Liz, PP Keith and Rtn Sam Lei were unable to attend the party, with their donation plus the box collection amounted to $6,300 and with the generous support from PP Fred, it was topped up to $10,000. We would donate to the Rotary Foundation to help End Polio. Anyway, there were a total of 37 participants with unexpected guests from afar, PP Jim and KK and Rtn. Maeder, most of them were dressed up to the theme. We had a great party.
NO MEETING TODAY
cos re-schedule to DG dinner tomorrow.
DG VISIT – 4/11, Friday
DG Eric Chin will visit Macau, Area 1 on 4/11. DG welcome dinner will be held tomorrow at 7.30pm at Plaza Restaurant. Please let me know asap if you can come for seating arrangements.
Mark your dates
- 04/11 (Fri) – DG Visit of Area 1, Macau. No meeting on 3/11.
- 10/11 (Thu) – Speaker: Rtn. Li Ying, topic tbc
- 12/11 (Sat) – PP Fred’s 50th Anniversary at Parisian
- 13/11 (Sun) – Christmas party with mentally and physically challenged
- 24/11 (Thu) – Speaker: PDG Eugene Fong on member orientation and membership growth
- 3/12 (Sat) – Grannies tour
Look forward to seeing you later.
Yours in Rotary,