On the 5th December, 2014 we welcomed Past President Koji from our sister club RC Taipei and also President Nominee Queeny from RC Taipei One Diamond. We had luncheon at the Military Club and we took a picture in front of the “Rotary Club of Macau” Bus Stop next to the Military Club.
Light Up Rotary Great Gondola Grab Highlights:
On the 7th December, 2014, Light Up Rotary Great Gondola Grab at the St. Mark Square Shoppers at Venetian, Macau. 10,000 lit up mini gondolas with LED lights launched in the Shoppers canal, it was a very spectacular scene. But more than that, we had a global light show of Rotary and club logo in the Cotai strip – Venetian.
The fund raised in this event will be donated to Macau Autism Association, Macau Down Syndrome Association, Concordia Special Education School and GuangXi Education and Poverty Alleviation Project.
Congratulations to the winners! The first prize won $38,888, second prize $28,888, third prize $18,888 and also 40 consolidation prizes, please find the results in the picture below.
It was also reported on the District Governor’s Weekly Bulletin, here is the link:
On the 12th December, 2014, RC Macau hosted “15th Joy to the World X’mas Party” at Venetian. A total of 800 participants joining this big family union, from members of Macau Association of Mentally Handicapped, FuHong Society of Macau, Macau Special Olympics and Parents Association of the Mentally Handicapped, Rotaractors and Rotarians and guests.
This year, we had PP Keith and Sam Ip as our Santa Claus and Elvo was our Emcee. Thank you PP Guy leading the Streetmosphere team welcoming our children, especially when they saw our special guests Shrek and his family, the children were so joyful.
Thank you to both Organizing Committee and all Rotarians, who put so much effort for these two successful events. For sure, we appreciated the support and sponsor from Sands China Limited.
Club December Announcements
- December 18 (Thurs) – Change Venue due to Venetian fully booked, To Be Confirmed the location.
- December 24 (Thurs) – 10am – 3D Innovative and Artistic Carnival at Hall A of Venetian.
- This activity is to let the children from Cradle of Hope and Macau Mentally Handicapped Association are being participating in the carnival, a free fun Christmas in the morning of 24/12 before it opens to the public.
- There will be the world’s largest soft toy of 1.6 meters tall seated Mickey and Mini and lots of other Disney figures like Frozen for kids to take picture with and lots of game booths even suitable for teenagers to play with. presents for everyone. Welcome Rotarians and families to join.
- December 25 and January 1 (Thursday) –No Meeting due to public Holiday
- December 25 -28 – GuangXi Literacy and Poverty Alleviation Trip.
- January 8, 2015 (Thurs)- 2nd Club Assembly of Rotary Club of Macau in Rotary Year 2014-2015.
Thank you and see you on Thursday,18th December, 2014.
Yours in Rotary,