On 9th April, 2015, Rotary Club of Macau had annual joint meeting with our sponsored clubs: Rotaract Club of Macau and Rotaract Club of University of Macau Students’ Union. Also, we had visiting Rotarian, Immediate Past President John Utting and his wife Thea from Rotary Club of Deal,UK. We had a good turnout of 42 in this big Rotary family gathering.
Both Rotaract Clubs Presidents gave a very comprehensive club report with many meaningful service projects and their future activities from remaining Rotary Year. We also celebrated April birthday star- President Salie from RAC.
April 18 “Green Ball”
Ball Chair PE Elizabete will write to you separately with final update of our exciting 68th Anniversary ‘ Green Ball’ coming on next Saturday, 18th April. Are you all ready to join us with your ‘ Touch of Green’?
Update 2019 RI Convention Bid
District will be arranging for the passing of a District Resolution 2015 in addition to the 2014 District Resolution confirming the Clubs in D3450 are in support of the bidding of the 2019 RI Convention in HK and that Rotarians also agree to pay a Special Levy IF THE BID IS WON. (please see full version of the 2015 District Resolution in the attached file).
- HK Rtns- HK$800 each year for consecutive 4 years starting July 2015, Macau Rtns HK$400 and Mongolia US$15 respectively. This District Resolution will be voted on 26th April,, 2015 during 55th District Conference. For details DG Belinda’s letter to all members ‘Calling for Your Support to Bid 2019 RI Convention”, please do read via the following link: http://rotary3450.soofwood.com/?p=12932.
- 2019 RI Convention Host Organizing Committee Chair PDG YK Cheng and Committee Members are going to host 2 Q&A Sessions on subject with details as followed: Session I – April 15, 2015 (Wednesday), Session II – April 16, 2015 (Thursday), Time:6:30pm – 8:00pm at RIC and Telephone:(852)2576-8882. All Rotarians are welcome to either attend or phone-in the Sessions. You will be updated more after Q & A sessions and our Board view before April 26 voting.
Box collection – $1610 for the coming GuangXi project which was handed to President Angela of Rotaract Club of UMSU for this Dec Guangxi visit.
Club March Announcements
- No Regular Meeting coming Thursday due to the annual ball.
- Apr 18 (Sat) – @ 7pm Venetian, “A Touch of Green” Annual Ball
- Apr 25-26 (Sat/Sun) 55th District Conference at Regal Airport Hotel, HK.
- May 23 (Sat) – District Training Assembly at Shatin Jockey Club HK
- Jun 6-9 (Sat-Tue) – RI Convention at Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Thank you and see you all on Saturday at Venetian Milan Ballroom, Level 1, 18th April, 2015 at 7pm.
Yours in Rotary,