Dear Fellow Rotarians
It was a ‘ hot ‘ regular meeting and club assembly on January 9 with 22 Rotarians present. We even welcome back Maeder after quite a long while. He was in Macau for business meetings and we were all trying to help him ‘ managed his calendar’ so he can attend our April 26 Annual Ball.
After fellowship, club announcements ( list in below) and box collection of $1500, President KC declared closing of regular meeting. Then, Club assembly Chair PP Peter at 9.15 pm announced opening of 2nd Club Assembly and appointed Hon Sec Elizabete as assembly secretary. While full minutes of this Club Assembly will be distributed in due course, I wish to report on a few key decision highlights of the assembly for your prompt information:-
1. RY1314 2nd Club Assembly Highlights
– With 22 Rotarians present and 15 proxies received, total 37 votes , the club assembly was declared with legitimate quorum.
– Last club assembly minutes was adopted with PP Ritchie proposed and PP Guy seconded. 2nd club assembly agenda was adopted with PP Ritchie proposed and PP Fred seconded.
– On Philippines typhoon relief support, President KC explained that last Board meeting has approved MOP30000 to donate to home-rebuilding programs for typhoon-stricken families in Haiyan, pending response from sister club of Makati North.
– On the Fixed Deposit fund of $937K jointly owned by the 5 Macau clubs, President KC was requested to initiate meetings with the 5 clubs’ presidents to review and discuss on this fund treatment for the ‘ Elderlies’ since it has been idle for over 10 years.
– On new ‘ Duck Derby’ Fund-raising service project as presented in detail by Rtn Janet, Assembly Chair , upon consensus from those present, confirmed the concept was noted in principle and requested the Board to evaluate the proposal and decide to the best of our club and meeting Rotary service objectives.
– A motion was raised to increase next year 2014-15 annual club fee from MOP6000 to MOP6800 . The increment of MOP800 ( equivalent to USD100 ) will be used to support EREY (Every Rotarians, Every Year Foundation program) which will be contributed to Rotary Annual Fund . Members were reminded that the funds given will , after 3 years , be channeled back to our club in terms of matching grants for our service projects. This was unanimously approved.
– PE Kevin’s new Board for 2014-15 was presented and received unanimous vote of support. ( Attached pls find 2014-15 Board list )
– 2015-16 PN candidate Elizabete Fong received 36 ‘ Yes ‘ votes as Maeder left assembly earlier.
SO CONGRATULATIONS TO PE KEVIN AND HIS NEW BOARD AND PN ELIZABETE !
2. Club Announcements
( Do Mark Your Diary to Join and invite family, friends and Rotaractors )
- Jan 16 ( Thurs )@Venetian Club meeting with VIP Speaker Rector Wei Zhao , University of Macau
- Feb 6 ( Thurs )@Plaza Restaurant CNY Spring Dinner
To facilitate seating arrangement for these two special fellowship gatherings, truly appreciate your indication of attendance by sms or email or what’s app’s to either myself or Club Administration Chair PP Choi ASAP.