Last Thursday meeting was bubbly youthful with 7 rotaractors ( including 5 Goodwill Ambassadors,GWA ) joining 13 Rotarians, 1 guest of Trent ( his colleague ) and 1 IFT student visitor ( GSE candidate from RC Biggleswade , UK).
- We welcome back PP Keith, PP Guy and Rtn Trent after their long vacation which we are all, indeed, so envious. PP Guy had a new look and if you wish to see a more handsome man Guy, come to next meeting on Sep 10 ( PP Guy, hope you will join )
- Two groups of GWA made interesting sharing of their goodwill trip to Australia and we were all so impressed with their picture-rich presentation especially the quite professional video. They did meaningful services like ‘ Clean up Manly Beach , Sydney’ and ‘Food Bank’ promotion and had wonderful exchanges with the local Rotaractors . President Cathy and her Community Service Director Matthew also reported on their participation in Asia-Pacific Regional Rotaractor Conference ( APRRC ) in Indonesia with winning of Mr APRRC. The kind donation of cookies by Rtn Lei Loi Tak was very well-received during the conference which helped promote Macao’s food culture.
- On Aug 25, Pres. Elizabete together with IPP Kevin, PE Sam, VP Keith, Secretary Stella, Treasurer Ricardo and Service Project/Membership Chair Fatima attended a dinner hosted by our Honorary Member Consul General of Japan, Ambassador Hitoshi Noda at his Haystack residence in HK . During the evening, we had the honor of presenting Amb. Noda with a Paul Harris Fellow recognition and a souvenir from Macau. Amb Noda and his consuls were very interested in Rotary, our district and club activities so we had a great opportunity to share.
- Our Club has been invited by Sands China to be ‘ witnessing ‘ their Sep 26 ( Sat ) ‘ Las Vegas Sands Global Hygiene Kit Build with Clean the World org’ as a Guinness World Record- setting attempt for ‘ Most personal hygiene kits assembled n 24 hours across multiple venues of their Group. 200,000 hygiene kits expected to be assembled for population in need. We need 22 manpower ( 11 for each shift : 2 pm – 5.30 pm and 6 pm- 9 pm with meals provided ). We will be just witnessing the packing which will be done by Macao’s service organisations arranged by Sands. We would like to seek your support as volunteers and appreciate if you can sign up with PP Stella asap as we will be recruiting volunteers from our Rotaractors too. During the meeting, we already have a few confirmed. So please hurry up to join this meaningful event.
- Box Collection: $480
- – No meeting this Thurs ( Sep 3) due to public holiday
- – Sep 10 ( Thurs) -Speaker: UK Summer Camp students Eric and Mary
- – Sep 17 ( Thurs ) – Speaker: Rotaractor from other Macao Clubs ( name/topic to be confirmed)
- – Sep 24 ( Thurs )- Moon Festival BBQ Night at Sands Macao Hotel 6th Floor Reflections Poolside room ( $280/Rtn, $23/Rtc, $200/UMSU)
- – Sep 11 ( Fri ) – New Member Orientation Night 7 pm at Wanchai restaurant , dinner fee HK$330 ( Rtn Perry, Pedro, Jean and Trent , pls let me know if you are interested and refer to the email invite I sent to you earlier)
- – Sep 18 ( Fri ) – Youth Peace Concert at HK Cultural Center at 8 pm. Sponsorship fee of HK$880 will get 1 adult ticket, 4 youth tickets)
Thank you for your patient reading and remember no club meeting this week ! Have a nice holiday on Sep 3 and see you all on Sep 10 at 8.30 pm at the Venetian.
Yours in Rotary
Rotary Club of Macau