Happy Halloween !
Well, we had a most fun spooky evening in our Rotary World’s Greatest Meal Halloween Social Night on Thurs, attended by 45 Rotarians, their families, guests and visiting Rotarians from RC of Guia and Taipei Paramount.
– Judging from the attached photos , you can imagine there were a few moments which did scare the adults, let alone the kids. Rtn Trent excelled over his last year’s appearance and if we did have a best Halloween costume competition, he will certainly top the prize. Maybe we will consider to run this contest for next year.
– I am truly grateful for the encouraging turnout for Halloween fellowship and, above all, for participating in our Halloween World’s Greatest Meal to support End Polio. As PP Stella said , with the win-win-win arrangement of Macao Tower kind sponsorship of meal cost, Rotarians and guests’ kindhearted donation and enjoyment plus Rotary End Polio program, I am excited to announce that we raised a total of USD2500 to bring the world ‘this closer’ to eradicate polio.
– The donation apart from meal cost differentials, also includes those from some members who were not able to join the evening including even Alumni Jose and Rtc Alumni Peggy, President’s matching , happy birthday donation and box collection. A BIG THANK YOU to you all again,
– We also celebrated for November birthday stars PP Ritchie, PP Fred and lovely Josina who were present. They even got two birthday cakes including one cute Halloween one. Please join me in wishing our Nov birthday stars PP Ritchie, PP Fred, PP Filipe, Rtn Elvo and Rtn Sam Lei a very happy and joyful birthday!
Club Announcement (Nov)
- Nov 5 ( Thurs)- Meeting Speaker : Dr Robert Kirby. Come listen to this veteran leadership and corporate development training expert speaking on ” Are you a dancing dragon or headless chicken?”
- Nov 12 ( Thurs )- no meeting
- Nov 14 ( Sat) – DG Official Visit to Area 1 and Joint Clubs’ Welcome Dinner at Venetian Florence Room. For better seat arrangement, please sign-up to PP Stella before Nov 5. Will Rotaract advisers please help inform our Rotaractors if any interests to join.
- Nov 22 ( Sun) – Area 1 Blood Donation Day
- Nov 28 ( Sat) – Rotary Day with Home-alone Grannies
Thank you for your patient reading and see you next Thurs (Nov 5) with Dr Kirby as speaker at the Venetian , 8 for 8.30 pm.
Yours in Rotary