Dear Fellow Rotarians
Well, the sun is finally coming out after consecutive rain and shower in past many days. And some of our Rotarians are returning home after overseas holiday like PPFred and PPGary whom we welcomed back last meeting and Ricardo this coming Thurs meeting. So hope to see most of you with your sunny smile on Aug 1 regular meeting
Last week we have 14 members with President KC presiding ( Kevin, Fatima, Florence, Stella, Synthia, Ip, Gary, Fred, Maneiras, Peter , Andy, Choi and Liz. ) And Natasha, our very supportive regular guest ! Key recap of the meeting:-
– Aug 1 regular meeting will have PDG Ada to come and talk about membership recruitment and retention. Remember our Club membership goal for this year is at least +1 new member. If you have any potential members friends/business associates, please do bring them along as your guests on Aug 1. PDG Ada always inspires and stimulates us with her convincing sharing of rotary vision and mission
– Aug 8 Joint Installation Ceremony ( 7.30 pm Venetian) with DG Eugene as guest of honour. Only 15 members signed up, so for those who have not yet confirmed, please enroll asap by mail or SMS to Elizabete or Aris to facilitate table arrangement. Come and support your Club and our Rotaractors
– President KC announced our club received another recognition for participating in last year’s PEACE FORUM of which our exec secretary Aris was the Peace Ambassador representing Area 1.
– Then came Part 2 of Lisbon RI Convention when Fatima gave us a vivid and mouthwatering introduction of their post-convention wine-and-dine tour , all supported with beautiful photos , thanks to KC and Andy’s Samsung and iPhone. I am sharing a few photos in attachment like Andy’s favorite dish- pecebes ( Fatima said it translates to elephant toes in English ) and a display of vintage Porto wine ( even 1905 year when Rotary was founded. We all wonder how much and if it’s for sale !). For those who missed last wk’s mtg and would like to view the photo album, please be patient as we will upload this onto our club website very soon. Stay tune!!!!
– Last but not the least, Ip volunteered a joke. In the end , he gave us two which as usual helped ended our meeting with loads of laughter. Of course, Ip did not forget to update us of the two St Paul’s students attending the summer camp at Manchester. He heard that the students were actively participating and were complimented on their good English skills. We all await with interests to hear about their learning’s and experience upon their return.
Box collection totalled $1200 after Stella, Choi and Liz chipping me extra to exceed $1000 mark.
Hope to see most of you this Thurs with PDG Ada as our guest speaker .
Don’t forget to pay your Club/dinner fee dues MOP6000 either by cash on-site or send us a cheque or via bank transfer to our BNU club account.