As you all know President Elvo is away enjoying his annual leave in the States. Therefore, Thursday’s meeting was chaired by PE Ip.
We had a group of six Rotaractors and friends from the Rotaract Club of Macau who come to tell us about their experience in taking part in the 16th Good Will Ambassador Program which took place in New Zealand. The program’s theme was «Walk Along With Sustainability». They were responsible for a project called «Seedbelt» in which they were able to produce paper having seeds are their raw material.
Their trip to New Zealand took place from June 16 to 26. In New Zealand they took part in a service projects such as beach clean-up.
They also had the opportunity to engage with local Rotaractors and to visit different locations around the country such as natural parks and the Hobbit movie set.
In the end of their presentation they showed us a movie with the highlights of their trip to New Zealand.
The participants concluded that the GWA program was of great value and it was and enriching experience.
Matthew made a presentation about the participation of Area 1 in the 15th Asia Pacific Regional Rotaract Conference which took place in Manila, Philippines.
You can see the highlights of the event on this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
We have a visiting Rotarian – Khaled Chaabouni. He is a member of Toronto Bay and Bloor Rotary Club. Since he will be staying in Hong Kong for a few weeks he promised to try to visit our club again.
We would like to remind that the registration deadline for the Joint Installation ceremony is August 10. The Joint Installation and charter of the Interact Club of St. Paul’s School will take place on September 1, starting at 6.30pm.
Finally, we would like to remind all members to ensure the payment of club dues. .. , which includes all dues to Rotary International, District 3450, USD100 donation to the Rotary Foundation, Club’s operational expenses and dinner fees for 10 times.
- Method 1 – Cheque made payable to Rotary Club of Macau
- Method 2 – online bank transfer/ deposit into our Club’s BNU account. Check your email for details, (please give transaction record to either Secretary Joao or Executive Secretary Kula via whatsapp or email)
- Method 3 – Cash to Secretary Joao/Executive Secretary Kula DURING Club meeting
- Aug 9 – Regular meeting chaired by VP David
- Aug 16 – Regular meeting with AG Visit
- Aug 23 – Regular meeting, followed by Club Assembly
- Aug 30 – No meeting, rescheduled to Joint Installation on Sept 1
- Sept 1 – Joint Installation cum Charter Ceremony of Interact Club of St. Paul’s School
- Sept 5 – Area 1 Joint meeting cum PI Seminar by PDG Eric Chin (venue and time to be confirmed, dinner fee MOP350)
- Sept 6 – No meeting, rescheduled to Area 1 Joint Meeting on Sept 5
- Sept 13 – Regular meeting
- Sept 20 – Mid-autumn Festival
- Sept 22 – DG Official Visit to Macau and Area 1 Joint Dinner
João Francisco Pinto