- Pres. Liz was with a delegation of NGOs to visit Shanxi and Beijing as led and arranged by the Chinese Liaison Office in Macau last week and was unable to attend our Mid-Autumn Festival Poolside BBQ at the Sands Macau. We had over 120 person attending including Rotaractors from our 2 son clubs, Rotaract Club of Macau and Rotaract Club of the University of Macau Students’ Union, our sponsored students, Rotary Alumni, Rotarians and their families. What a great family reunion! Dinner started after the opening remarks by VP Keith and announcement by Secretary Stella. As usual, we had the charity Karaoke for raising funds for the Rotaractors for the Guangxi Education Project. The $1,000 which Pres. Liz placed before she left was to nominate Mr. Ip Peng Kin to sing. Wow, he’s a great singer. PP Ip invited all senior members to come out and sang with him Elvis’ Love me Tender. Guess who they are…..VP Keith, PP Choi, PP Peter, PP Fred, PP Gary and PP Ip, totally 6 of them singing in 6 different tones. Anyway, it was great fun and we raised $6,000.00 for Guangxi and the money was kept with the Rotaractors.
- We missed IPP Kevin and PP Synthia also at the BBQ. They had a mission to attend the Marketing Events Award 2015 in Hong Kong because our Great Gondola Grab received the Bronze Award for the Best Stunt of the Marketing Events Awards with the support of Sands China and the work of MCI. Congratulations to everyone of you and a special thank to Rtn. Janet who is the mastermind of the project. We hope we may be able to continue this meaningful project so more under privilege can be benefited.
- Since the ‘Global Hygiene Kit Build’ will not be a Guinness Record project, there is no need for us, Rotarians to be stewards and witness. Instead, PP Fatima, PP Synthia and her lovely daughter, Josina, IPP Kevin and myself, 5 of us together with 3 Rotaractors form an assembly line to pack the hygiene kits. We assemble towels, shampoo, bath gel, soap, tooth brush and paste in one kit. Our assembly line packed nearly 500 kits in nearly 2 hours. This is a meaningful weekend for us.
4. Please note there will be no meeting this Thursday, 1/10 because of the public holiday.
5. On 8/10, we will have a wine tasting evening and speaker from Nolasco will share with us interesting things about wine. Please invite your friends and families to this wine tasting meeting. Since we have to ask Venetian to prepare enough glasses for wine tasting, please let me know the no. of attendance by 5/10. Thanks.
I attached here photos of the BBQ and assembly of the Hygiene kit.
Hon Sec Stella Kan